Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Final Predicted Card for Wrestlemania 2012

Here is my final stab at predicting the 2012 Wrestlemania card.  At this point, most matches are all but announced to be happening, but I'll try to predict some of the smaller matches now too.  For a point of reference, here are my two other attempts to predict the card:
June
November

And now, for the predictions. (This is not claimed INSIDER knowledge.  It's simply a guess on my part.  As you can tell by my previous two prediction columns for this card, I can be quite wrong at many times.)

John Cena vs. The Rock: Already announced.  I hope they do a better job with this then they did with the Survivor Series match.

HHH vs. The Undertaker: All but announced.  I expect there to be at least one stipulation regarding Triple H or Taker's career.  This match should probably be No Disqualification (or something similar), as these guys probably need to take some shortcuts at their age.  Also, look for Shawn Michaels to be involved in some way, and he may possibly be the Special Guest Referee.

CM Punk(c) vs. Chris Jericho [WWE Title]: It seems like Jericho's Codebreaker on Punk during this week's Raw sets up the match we have all been speculating would happen.  They're already going to be in the Chamber match together at the next PPV.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Jericho won the title at the Chamber and then Punk won it back at Wrestlemania.  That is not what I want to happen (I really hate have the major titles change hands so quickly before Mania).  These two will have a lot of pressure on them at Wrestlemania to deliver a great match.

Shaquille O'Neal vs. The Big Show: Reports say this match is happening.  Should hopefully make for some eventful TV.  I'm glad that with Cena/Rock happening that there is no chance this will be the main event.

Daniel Bryan(c) vs. Sheamus [World Title]: With Mark Henry being written off TV this week, it pretty much confirms that Daniel Bryan is going into Wrestlemania as World Champion.  These two got bumped off last year's card at the last minute, and I bet these two will go out of their way to try to steal the show here.  I expect Sheamus to go over.

Beth Phoenix(c) vs. Kharma[Divas Title]: This is the only Divas match I really want to see at the moment.  If this isn't the Divas match at Wrestlemania, than the PPV shouldn't have a Divas match at all.

Cody Rhodes(c) vs. Goldust [Intercontinental Title]: Goldust has been positioning for this match to happen for a while now, and I really like the idea of it for an underrcard match at Wrestlemania.  I think these two could have some strong television segments to build up this match, which would hopefully involved their father, Dusty Rhodes.  Goldust may put his career on the line, but he definitely won't if Triple H is going to put his career on the line.

Money in the Bank [Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, R-Truth, Christian, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, Kane]: The biggest argument against the Cody/Goldust match happening is how there are so many mid-uppercard guys without programs this year for Wrestlemania.  I wouldn't mind it if two of these guys were removed from the match, because MitB wasn't a priority as far as "match time" the last few years it was on the card, and if it's going to have less time, it should have less guys in it.  If this gets 20+ minutes, it has a chance to be fantastic.  If it has 10-12 minutes, it will be fine.


Your turn! What matches do you think will happen?  You can leave a comment below, send me thoughts on Twitter at either @RoadToManiaBlog or @TJHawke411, or shoot me an email at Shabang728@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment